It’s that exciting time of year again when Ulta holds it’s “21 Days of Beauty” sale. Ulta runs this sale twice a year, and it’s a perfect opportunity to purchase a number of luxury-brand products for a deep discount, averaging half-off the regular price. Each day over a 21-day period, Ulta selects 3 to 4 products that are heavily discounted, and the prices are good for that day only while supplies last. The key to shopping this sale is advanced planning and shopping as early in the morning as possible. You’re more likely to get the more popular sale items when you purchase them right after midnight CST when the new sale day kicks off. Otherwise, popular items will often sell out within hours while others may last a little longer throughout the day. If an item sells out during the day, it is not restocked until after the sale period ends. Be sure to check the promotional calendar, as some items are available for the reduced price only online and others are only available to Platinum members. You can view their full 21 Days of Beauty Calendar here.
I wanted to take the opportunity to list my recommendations from the calendar. These are all products that I personally use, many of which I’ve repurchased multiple times. I never recommend anything that I don’t personally use and believe it. With that said, I’ll offer a disclaimer by saying we are all unique individuals, and what works great for me may not work the same for you.
The great news is that Diamond and Platinum members once again receive free shipping with no minimum purchase on the promotional items in the 21 Days of Beauty sale. That makes it very easy, cost-effective, convenient to purchase single items online without paying a lot of shipping costs. With that said, let’s move on to my recommendations!
Note: All images shown below are clickable links that will take you directly to the product on Ulta.com.
- Too Faced HangoveRX Primer – This is truly a great moisturizing primer infused with coconut water, probiotics and skin-revivers that work together to boost skin’s radiance. I used this pretty frequently under my foundation.
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench and Hyaluronic Cloud Serum (sold separately) – I love many of PTR’s skincare products, and the serum is especially great for people with dry skin. I have a huge tube of the serum and moisturizer on my bathroom counter right now. It hydrates your skin and leaves it soft and silky.
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliners – I love Stila eyeliners and use these all the time. The Smudge Stick, in particular, is great for the waterline. I use their liquid liner for the top eyelid.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter – I have multiple shades of this product on my makeup counter. It can be used for multiple purposes, not just a liquid highlighter. If you want a stunning dewy look that makes your skin truly look like it’s glowing from within, mix a pump of this product into any matte foundation, and it looks gorgeous! That’s how I prefer to use it.
- Benefit Hoola or Hoola Lite Bronzing Powder – This bronzer is a cult favorite for a reason. The tone and shade of the bronzer are perfect for most skin tones and makes a great contour powder. For lighter skinned beauties, check out the Lite version.
- BeautyBlender BlenderCleanser Solid – The BeautyBlender solid (and liquid) is the only cleanser I use to clean my brushes and BeautyBlenders. It’s gentle and safe, yet very effective. It gets my brushes and sponges clean very quickly. My absolute favorite. I trust it for even my most expensive brushes, unlike other cleansers that contain alcohol.
- Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara – All I can say is grab this! Lancôme is famous and known for their mascaras. This is their most recent one that everyone is raving about, including myself. The pink tube isn’t waterproof but it’s water-resistant. Even though I can usually only wear waterproof formula due to my allergies and contacts, I can wear this one with no issues. It never smudges or budges. The wand is large and fluffy, making it easy to grab onto every lash. It makes natural lashes almost look like false lashes.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer Pencil – ABH made brow definition popular, and this is definitely a cult favorite product for a reason. I try to wait for this sale each year to grab one or two ABH pencils. There’s a limit on each purchase, but don’t miss the opportunity to grab what you can for this price!
- IT Brushes for Ulta Velvet Luxe Brushes – IT Cosmetics brushes are generally great cosmetic brushes. I’ve never been dissatisfied with a single brush I have from them. Any time you can get them for a deep discount, they’re definitely worth checking out!
- Stila One Step Correct and One Step Primer Face Primers – This is another great primer, one of the first ones that I ever tried. It was originally recommended to me several years ago by a Sephora staff member when I was looking for something that would both hydrate my skin and also help tone down the redness on my cheeks (I have an autoimmune disease and often have red cheeks as a result). They have two versions available for sale: one is the version with green pigments to neutralize any skin redness and the other is an illuminizing primer.
- Lancome Cils Booster XL Vitamin Infused-Mascara Primer – If you haven’t tried a mascara primer before applying your mascara, you really don’t know what you’re missing! This primer is definitely the best on the market, in my opinion. Apply this before your mascara, and it will make your lashes pop and appear at least 2 – 3x as full and long as they normally are. It also helps your mascara stay on all day without budging.
While there are a few products on sale on this day, there are none that I personally use. However, a lot of people have used and recommended the Dermablend Setting Powder, saying that it’s finely milled and a great powder.
- Clarisonic Cleansing Brush Heads – If you have a Clarisonic, you don’t want to miss this chance to get a huge discount on the replacement brush heads. Keep in mind that these go especially fast when the sale starts on this morning, so you’ll want to grab them really fast!
- Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel – Dermalogica is known for making great skincare products. They’re also quite expensive at full price, so I highly recommend checking out the cleanser while it’s on sale!
- Dose of Colors Matte Liquid Lipstick – I absolutely love Dose of Colors and especially their liquid matte lipsticks. They have beautiful shades that stay on all day and show opaque on any skin tones. This is truly a great deal and opportunity.
I don’t have any personal recommendations for this day, but check out the calendar to see if anything interests you.
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil – If you’re looking for a brow pencil other than the ABH pencil, Benefit is another great option to check out. Traditionally Benefit Cosmetics is known for making a LOT of brow products. While they’re not all great, there’s typically a product that will work for you. This is one of their more popular pencils, so it’s definitely worth checking out.
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser – If you have dry skin or other skin issues (rosacea, etc.), this is an amazing cleanser to try. The First Aid Beauty line, in general, is perfect for people with dry skin or other skincare concerns. I’ve honestly never purchased a bad product from this company.
No personal recommendations for this day
- Juice Beauty Skincare Kits – I love Juice Beauty skincare. They use healthy, natural ingredients that are truly effective. I use their cleansers, peels, and moisturizers (I rotate them in with other brands and products). They have kits for every major skincare concern such as anti-aging, dry skin, and acne.
- IT Brushes for Ulta Airbrush Buffing Foundation Brush #110 – Again, IT Cosmetics makes great brushes. This brush, in particular, is a higher-end grade compared to the others that were on sale the previous day. It’s a great foundation brush if you use a brush to apply foundation. You can also use it to apply cream bronzer.
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator 1oz – This is another great moisturizer to try out if you have normal to dry skin. It has tons of rave reviews and is very popular. I haven’t used it in several years personally, but I’m picking it up during this sale to start using it again. I didn’t stop for any reason in particular, other than the fact that I was trying out new products over the past few years.
- Benefit The POREfessional Face Primer – This is a cult favorite pore-filling primer for those with oily skin or those with large pores. I don’t personally use this primer since I have very dry skin and don’t have large pores, but I wanted to mention it for the thousands of you who do love this product. It’s a great opportunity to get it for half price.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – This is one of the few setting sprays that actually makes your makeup last all day and night (extends the normal wear of your makeup). There’s a lot of products that claim to be setting sprays, but they don’t actually extend the wear of your makeup, but rather they just melt your makeup together to give it a non-cakey look. This does both!
- IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream – This moisturizer is a game-changing product for IT Cosmetics and their most popular skincare product. IT Cosmetics was made as a cosmetic company that puts skin-loving ingredients into all of their products (including makeup), and this cream is especially great!
What’s on your list for the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty sale? Comment below or head on over to my Instagram page and let me know!
Disclaimer: This page contains some affiliate links. I am not-sponsored nor do I receive free PR. I pay for every product that I review (if there is an exception, I always indicate such). If you use my links, I will earn a very small commission (around 1 -2%) of your sale. I truly appreciate it when you use these links, as every dollar helps me pay for the maintenance of this website. It’s very costly to maintain a blog and purchase all of the products I review. You’re certainly under no obligation to use my links, but it’s very much appreciated if you do. Thank you. Much love!