It’s that time of year again when Lancome offers its Gift with Purchase at Macy’s! Right now, Macys is offering 10% off of all Lancome and Beauty purchases, you receive 10% off with their Friends and Family discount code (some exclusions apply – see their website for details). When you purchase $35 or more in Lancome products, you’ll receive a Gift with Purchase which includes a selection of free Lancome products you can choose from. If you spend $70 or more, you can select from even more free Lancome bonus gifts with your purchase. This is my favorite time of year, and I use this opportunity to stock up on my favorite Lancome products.
I’ve been using Lancome for over 25 years, literally since was 15 years old. If you’re new to the Lancome brand, you’ve been missing out on some phenomenal products that are considered “cult favorites” in the beauty community. Lancome is known for making the best mascaras.
They also have a great selection of new skin
care products, some of which I’ve recently tested out and highly recommend.
To take advantage of the sale, use Promo Code: FRIEND to get 10% off your Lancome purchase until May 7, 2017. This discount applies to most other beauty brands also, although there are some exclusions. Browse around and look for the Limited Edition beauty boxes that have collections of products for a reduced price. There’s some great deals available right now that you don’t want to miss. Shop fast because all of these goodies go fast and may not last until the last day. Sale is valid both online and in Macys stores. Just a warning – gift supplies sell out fast online.
About the Lancome Brand
Lancome is a luxury beauty brand with a French touch that has been around for over 80 years.
Lancome is owned by the Loreal group, which may come as a surprise to many. For those who prefer drugstore brand cosmetics, you may find Loreal equivelants of many Lancome products on the drugstore beauty shelves. Lancome delivers innovative skincare and makeup products and stay on the leading forefront of beauty technology. According to Lancome, their best-sellers are: For skincare: Visionnaire, Génifique, Absolue, Rénergie, Blanc expert, UV Expert For make-up: Definicils, Hypnôse star, Hypnôse Doll Eyes, Hypnôse, L’Absolu Rouge, Rouge in Love, Teint Miracle, Teint Idole Ultra 24h For fragrance: La vie est Belle, Trésor.
My Lancome Favorites
I have a long list of Lancome favorites in both skincare and makeup. This is a brand that I stand behind. Every product listed here is something I’ve personally purchased and use on a daily basis. Please note that this blog is completely non-sponsored and solely my personal recommendations based on my experience using these products. Full disclosure – There are 2 products in this list that I received from Influenster for testing purposes: the Lancome Visionnaire Crescendo face peel and the Bienfait UV 50+. However, I will be repurchasing both of those products again myself because they are both winning products I’ve added to my skincare routine. Some of the items listed below are new from Lancome’s 2017 product lineup, and they are already creating a big buzz in the beauty industry among top influencers.
- Lancome Mascaras – You can’t go wrong with any of Lancome’s mascaras. The original Definicils mascara has been an award-winner for many years. I prefer lashes with more drama, volume, and curl. I love the Hypnose Drama and Grandiose mascaras, both in waterproof formulas. I never have issues with clumping or flaking, and it lasts all day/night until you remove it with an eye makeup remover.
- CILS Booster XL – If you’ve haven’t tried a mascara primer before, you are really missing out on an opportunity to take your mascara to the next level and make your eye lashes really pop! This is the best mascara primer I’ve ever found on the market, and I’ve tested out several of them. I always return to the Lancome CILS Booster. If you’re looking for volume and that va-va-voom appearance and thick lashes that last all day, grab this. One try and you’ll be hooked!
- La Base Pro Primer – This is one of my favorite primers. It smooths out any texture or pore issues you have and gives your foundation a smooth, beautiful canvas to adhere to that lasts all day. This feels similar to the Smashbox primer initially, but it behaves very differently on the skin. I prefer this much more than the Smashbox product.
- Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation – One of my favorite foundations. Gives you a beautiful matte finish that lasts all day until you take it off. Never thick or cakey. Has pigments that even out your skin tone and helps hide redness or any other imperfections you may have. If you want a dewy appearance, just mix in a liquid luminizer or even a drop of the Lancome sunscreen that I’ll talk about shortly.
- Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage Concealer – Currently available in 16 shades in a range of light to deep tones, this concealer will literally camouflage just about anything. It is a full-coverage concealer that is great for people with dry skin under the eyes. It’s very hydrating yet it doesn’t crease. It literally only takes a small dot of product to cover both eyes. It’s incredibly intense and concentrated.
- Tient Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage Corrector (available in green, peach, lavender, orange/red, yellow) – To be honest, I purchased this corrector when it was initially released, and I returned it. I didn’t know what I was doing, and I didn’t apply it properly. I used way too much. However, I recently had the opportunity to receive a face make-over by a Lancome makeup artist, and he showed me how to apply this correctly. After that, I repurchased it in 2 shades. It takes just a tiny drop of product to color correct any issues you have on your face. It’s full coverage and long-lasting. Keep in mind this is a corrector, not a concealer. It will neutralize any pigmentation issues you have on your skin. Select a shade according to the tone you’re trying to correct:
- Peach cancels out dark circles and dark spots/acne scars for medium skin tones. .
- Green cancels out redness for light to medium skin tones.
- Lavender brightens dull skin for light to medium skin tones.
- Orange/Red minimizes dark spots/acne scars for deeper skin tones.
- Yellow brightens dullness for light/medium skin tones.
- Beinfait UV 50+ – I received this product by Influenster for testing purposes, and I probably wouldn’t have considered it otherwise. I’m so glad I was introduced to it though because I truly love it so much that I use it daily in my morning skincare routine. It’s the perfect sunscreen to wear under makeup. It has a very thin liquid consistency that applies easy and absorbs into the skin instantly. It doesn’t interfere with your makeup wear. You can even mix a a few drops of it into your liquid foundation. If you mix it into your foundation before applying, it will give your foundation just a small dewey finish that is beautiful but not greasy. If you apply it to your bare skin before your foundation, it won’t interfere with your foundation’s formula/appearance.
- Beinfait Multi-Vital Lotion w/ UV 30 – This is a consumer favorite for those who want a light moisturizer with sunscreen built in. It’s great for people with normal to slightly dry skin. It’s not greasy. It absorbs quickly and feels great on the skin.
- Visionnaire Crescendo Bi-Phase Peel – This product was sent to me by Influenster for testing purposes, but it’s become one of my favorites that I plan to repurchase. Visionnaire Crescendo is a 28 day peel divided into 2 treatment phases of 14 days each. Phase 1 is formulated with 5% bio-acids such as fruit acids and quinoa husk extract, to reduce the appearance of pores and improve the skin’s texture and radiance. Phase 2 is formulated with 10% derma-acids, including salicytic acid and 9.5% pure glycolic acid. It works to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots. I’m halfway through my product test right now, but I’m already in love it. You can see benefits after just 1-3 days. Use this product only at night. Don’t use with any other peels, acids, or retinols. Be sure to wear sunscreen during the day whenever you use a peel (or any retinol product, acids, etc.).
- Le Stylo Waterproof Eye Liner – I have repurchased this product countless times. It’s definitely one of my favorite eyeliners. It is double-ended with one side being the eyeliner and the other side being a smudger tool. It lasts all day and doesn’t smudge onto your face as the day goes on. It can be used on the waterline. Waterproof. It comes off only when you remove it with an eye makeup remover.
- Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover – This is a cult-favorite product that I’ve used for over 20 years. It’s the best eye makeup remover on the market, in my opinion. It’s definitely a must-have product!
- Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum – This is another product that I’ve repurchased countless times over the years. It’s a great anti-aging serum for any age, if you’re in your 20s, 30s, or older. Here’s a short description from Lancome’s website: This innovative formula featuring Génifique’s patented complex with added biotechnology-derived ingredient acts on 10 key signs of youth including skin texture, resiliency, elasticity, firmness, sagginess, fine lines, wrinkles, radiance, clarity, and skin tone. It’s fresh oil-free and lightweight texture quickly absorbs into skin without leaving residue. Skin will feel refreshed, revitalized, and look visibly healthier.
- Genifique Youth Activating Second Skin Mask – This is a sheet mask that is literally filled with an entire HALF BOTTLE of Genifique serum… in every single mask! It’s actually astounding when you think about it. I purchased the set of these masks several months ago, and the results are amazing. It’s a little on the pricey side, but it’s well worth it if you’re able to grab it. Unfortunately, it’s not sold as a single mask at this time. It comes in a boxed set of 6 masks – 0.55 ounces each for $105. If you’re unable to pay $105 at one time but still want to try it out, check it out on HSN. They often offer it on flex-pays where you can pay for it in monthly interest-free installments with your credit card. They also send out 20% off coupons occasionally to frequent customers. Don’t forget you will get 10% off at Macys this week.
- Energie De Vie Cream Moisturizer – This is a fairly new product line from Lancome, advertised as a water-infused moisturizing cream. Lancome says this product is designed to keep skin hydrated for 24 hours or more. It’s formulated with Goji Berry, Lemon Balm, and Vitamin E. It improves the look of dullness, roughness, and dryness for a hydrated, smooth complexion, leaving your skin feeling energized and looking more rested. I’ve been using a deluxe sample that I received from a previous “Bonus Days” sale, and I absolutely love it. I just purchased the full size jar before writing this. It’s not too heavy or greasy like many other moisturizers are, and it absorbs pretty quickly. It has a very light, refreshing scent that is energizing.
- Bienfait Multi-Vital Daily Replinishing Oil – Face oils are becoming more popular today… for a good reason. They work and they have huge benefits for the skin! This is an excellent basic face oil that is packed with antioxidants. It will leave your skin moisturized, soft, and radiant. I prefer to mix my face oils with a cream moisturizer. It helps the moisturizer absorb better into the skin and work better overall.
- Absolue Precious Oil – Hang onto your seats… this oil has zero fillers and is packed with essential oils. Real essential oils are highly effective but can also be very expensive. Because this oil is pure and doesn’t have all the fillers that other face oils do, the price tag reflects that. This is $185 for 1 ounce. Gasp! But I love it! I’ve been using it a couple of weeks and love the way it makes my skin feel. I mix 2 drops of this into my cream moisturizer (I use multiple oils at night and mix them). Apply oils after your serums.
Shop the Blog[show_shopthepost_widget id=”2660624″]
Have you tried the Lancome brand before? What products are on your list for the Lancome sale at Macys?