It’s that time of year when Sephora thanks its best customers by offering a discount on everything they sell both online and in stores. In the Spring, VIB and VIB Rouge members receive 15% off the total purchase price, while Beauty Insider members receive 10% off. The sale repeats in the fall but at a discount of 20%, which is much better. If you’re looking for some tips on what you should buy or wondering what I picked up when the sale kicked off, stay tuned.
To be quite honest, I don’t get as excited about the 15% off sale in the spring because many brands and other stores offer deeper discounts throughout the year. You just have to pay close attention to their social media pages and sign up for their newsletters to receive the notifications. Stores such as Dermstore.com and Skincare.com frequently run 20% off sales throughout the year, and they carry a phenomenal selection of popular cosmetics and skincare products. Sometimes their sales exclude prestige brands, but they do offer sales that include everything every now and then. Ulta and Macy’s also run sales throughout the year, as do popular brands such as Too Faced Cosmetics, Urban Decay, Tarte (ranging from 15% to 30% off), etc. What’s my point? It’s a little frustrating to be a big spender and VIB Rouge member at Sephora and only get 15% off when other brands offer much better throughout the year. Regardless, I’ll take it and stop complaining. I love to save money, even if it covers my taxes. I just don’t splurge as much during this particular sale as I would if the discount were larger (such as the fall sale).
What do I recommend that you get during the Sephora VIB sale? Well…. Here’s some of my tips:
- Purchase products/brands that are exclusive to Sephora, excluded from sales elsewhere, or not sold anywhere else such as:
- Sephora brand products (Sephora Collection and Sephora brand)
- Make Up Forever
- Belif skincare products
- Viseart (available only in a few places and rarely ever on sale)
- Kat Von D
- Prestige brands (Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy, Guerlain, etc.)
- Small, rare brands
- Pass over products/brands that you can get at a deeper discount directly or elsewhere such as:
- Tarte (offers 30% off sales a few times a year)
- Too Faced Cosmetics (offers 20-30% off sales)
- IT Cosmetics (available much cheaper in special sets/deals at QVC)
- Department store brands such as Lancome/Clinique/etc. Always purchase those brands at the department store when they offer sales and “Bonus Days” offers, giving you little kits with tons of free products.
- Look for skincare and cosmetics products at retailers like Dermstore and Skinstore. They’re usually much cheaper, and you can often find online coupon codes for 20% off. There’s currently a 20% off sitewide sale at Dermstore.com. There’s also a 29% off Sunday Riley products coupon for Skinstore.com (expires soon). That’s how I recently purchased my last order of Sunday Riley Good Genes and Flora Face Oil. * This tip applies to many popular skincare products such as Sunday Riley, Drunk Elephant, Clarisonic, Kate Somerville, Peter Thomas Roth, Jouer Cosmetics, and many many more!!!
- Don’t forget QVC and HSN! If you haven’t checked them out in a while, you may be surprised to learn that both retailers carry very popular name brands that you love, both cosmetics and skincare! This is where I get the large majority of my products, as both stores offer products on “Easy Payments” and deep sales. “Easy Pay” or “Value Pay” gives you the opportunity to get a product in your home now and pay for it in interest-free monthly installments using your major credit card. This makes expensive items much more affordable. They also offer kits of products that are exclusive to them. I NEVER EVER purchase my IT Cosmetics at Ulta or Sephora because QVC offers sets and gives you values you won’t find elsewhere. For example, you may pay $40 for a popular foundation at Sephora, but QVC will offer the foundation PLUS a free foundation brush worth $40 itself for just $38 total for both. That’s just an example (making up those numbers, but you get the idea). They have crazy deals! That’s also how I purchased my Artis brushes; I got an amazing set for a great price at HSN, and even paid in interest-free monthly installments.
Ready to see what I actually bought during the Sephora sale this week when it kicked off? Buckle up…. here ya go! All prices listed below are regular price before the discount is applied.
- Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner Pro Starter Kit – $24 This stuff is pretty amazing at cleaning your brushes. I recently tried a small travel-size kit of this and immediately purchased the larger starter kit, which includes 8oz of cleaner and an 8oz tin to dip your brushes into. It instantly removes makeup without leaving your brushes soaked for hours. Be careful though if you’re sensitive to scents. This has a very strong alcohol and vanilla scent. I like it, but there are complaints about it in the reviews. It effectively gets the job done, and it saves me tons of time from deep cleansing my brushes weekly.
- Farsali Unicorn Essence – $54 If you’re on Instagram, you’ve seen this stuff used by all the popular beauty influencers. Instead of ordering it direct from the company where it can’t be returned, I ordered this from Sephora where I could get a discount and return it if it doesn’t work out. I loved the Farsali Rose Gold Elixer so hopefully I’ll love this equally.
- L’Occitane Huile De Douche Shower Oil – $25 for 8oz. I tried a sample of this several months ago and instantly fell in love. If you have dry skin, this is the perfect solution for the body! I start by washing my body with a regular shower gel and then follow up with this to get baby-soft skin.
- Belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb – $38 Exclusive to Sephora. I have tried a few different Belif products and have loved them all so far. I have been using tons of sample packets of this moisturizer and decided to pick up the full-size while it’s on sale. Belif is a Korean skincare brand, and this moisturizer is pretty awesome when mixed with 1 – 2 drops of a beauty oil. It’s not too heavy but is perfect for those with dry skin. If you’re skin isn’t super dry, try the Belif Aqua Bomb instead. It’s a little lighter and absorbs quickly.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Lip Liner – $18 Kat Von D recently released lip liners that are advertised to last up to 24 hours. I mean…. WHAT!!?? Well, I’m ready to put it to the test. I’m always on the search for my latest favorite (and perfect) lip liner. Be prepared when you see this though… there’s really not much product in these little pencils when you see them in person. They contain 0.01 ounce of product. Yikes!
- Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil (shade 022) – $18 I had the opportunity to test the Bite Beauty Lip Pencil out a few months ago via Influencer, and I loved them! I loved them so much that I’m going back and buying another one to replace the one my dogs ate. They originally released a ton of nude shades that were inspired by natural lip colors. They’re now releasing a ton of bright shades, so there’s a shade for everyone! For the price, you receive 0.05 oz of product (compare that to the Kat Von D pencil which is 0.01 oz).
- GlamGlow PumpRageous Nudes Collection Lip Treatment (in the shade Lusty) – $24 This is a repeat buy for me. I don’t like the clear matte or glossy versions, but I fell absolutely in love with the metallic shade Lusty! It’s beautiful when worn alone or as a lip topper over any other matte lipstick.
- Viseart Theory Palette in Nuance – $45 This will be my 2nd Theory palette from Viseart. I’m honestly not impressed by the Viseart metallic shades, but I really do like the mattes. My first purchase was the Theory Minx palette. This is an excellent way to try the Viseart brand without spending $80 at one time for a single palette. Viseart is available at limited stores, and it’s rarely ever on sale. This is the time to grab them while you can get a discount if you’re interested in trying this brand out.
- Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil – I didn’t pick this up in this sale because I still have 2/3 of a bottle left from the previous sale. However, I had to list it because it’s a key oil that you shouldn’t pass up. Mix 2 drops of this into your moisturizer, it feels like a dream! It also helps you’re products absorb deeper into the skin and keeps you mositurized all day and night…. never greasy! And it smells amazing!
That’s a pretty short list, but I purchased many other products last week on sale elsewhere. I always keep my eyes open for a bargain.
So what’s on your list for the Sephora VIB Spring Sale? Comment below or visit my Instagram page and let’s chat!