This is a public service announcement for all of you beauty and fashion addicts who love to shop! Have you ever seen a blogger post a photo on Instagram or SnapChat and wonder…. “Where did they get that shirt?”…. “Where can I find that eyeshadow palette?”…. “Where can I buy that sofa pillow?” All of us have encountered that situation at some point, and the new LikeToKnow.It app is here to help!
LikeToKnow.It is an app that allows you to screenshot (or like) your favorite photos from Instagram or Snapchat and shop directly from the photo, as long as the blogger participates with the app. You can easily detect which photos are LikeToKnow.It-enabled by the small heart/circle icon that appears in the bottom-right portion of the photo (example shown below). It’s FREE and easy to use. Here’s how it works!
- Download the LikeToKnow.It app from your phone’s app store.
- When you find enabled photos on Instagram or Snapchat, just screenshot them to your phone’s camera roll OR for Instagram, you only need to “Like” the photo for the app to work.
- Open the app and create a new account. Once you create your account, you’ll just log-in for subsequent visits.
- The app will ask you for permission to access your camera roll the first time you use it. Select yes. It will also ask you for permission to send you notifications when new photos are posted. Select yes if you want to be notified when your favorite bloggers load new photos.
- The app will detect any enabled photos you’ve saved or liked. They will automatically display on the “My Likes” screen. Simply click on a photo. All the items you can purchase directly are listed. Just click the item you want to know more about or purchase. The app will take you directly to that item on the retailer’s website. So EASY!!!
While the app is new, there are hundreds of bloggers participating already covering a variety of categories….. fashion, beauty, home decor, etc. Check it out and see how easy it is!
Full Disclosure: The links you follow on this app are affiliate apps, meaning the blogger will make a very small commission if you choose to purchase an item via their link. The commission averages $1-3, and this is how bloggers such as myself help pay the expenses of maintaining a blog. I am completely non-sponsored. I purchase 99% of the products I review myself, with the exception of a few items I’ve been sent complimentary via Influenster for my honest review. I haven’t accepted any money for reviews, and the cost of running a blog and purchasing products can become quite excessive. Any commission I may earn goes directly back into the blog, to help pay the continuing expenses (i.e., website hosting fees, design fees, stock photography costs, giveaways, etc.).
Have questions? Be sure to comment below or head over to Instagram and post your question there. This app is brand new, and it will quickly gain popularity and become the go-to source for shopping directly from your social media apps.