Kylie Jenner just announced the release of her new KyLiner Kit in Black and Brown shades, which will be on sale this Tuesday, August 23rd at 3pm PST. Each kit comes with a gel eyeliner pot, an eyeliner pencil, and a liner brush. The price hasn’t been released, but the Bronze KyLiner in her Birthday Collection was $38. I’m sure the price will either be the same or within a few dollars of that price. The bronze edition, which was limired edition, contained gold in it.
Just a few words from me on this product (you knew it was coming LOL)… Kylie’s kit contains standard eyeliners that haven’t been market tested yet. Remember that the manufacturing company she uses has advertised that they can go from concept to sale within 5 days, and they brag about how they release products fast and wait for customers to complain and provide feedback so they can modify the products to work better. Some people had issues with the Bronze version. Above all, nobody except for you will know if you’re wearing a Kylie brand eyeliner, so if you choose to purchase this (which is totally fine), just know you’re paying Kylie for her name only… the extra money isn’t for the quality. ColourPop sells the same products without the brush for $6 for the gel eyeliner and $5 for the pencil, totaling $11. A brush that looks the exact same as the one in Kylie’s kit retails for $2.99 at Morphe Brushes and likely has a wholesale cost of $1. These are the same products as ColourPop. If you own black and brown eyeliners that you’re happy with, ask yourself some questions before buying this kit. These are the same standard eyeliners you probably already own from other companies without the quality of other name brands.
If you’re looking for amazing eyeliners that have been around a long time, were properly tested before launch and over time, and have excellent reviews, I have some amazing options to recommend. I am very picky because I have allergies and wear contacts. Some brands smudge and give me the raccoon look. These are the products that work perfect for me and never smudge or budge!
1. Smashbox Jet Set Gel Eyeliner – This was the very first gel eyeliner I ever tried. There’s a reason this has been named the #1 gel eyeliner year after year by various magazines and retailers. It sets in 60 seconds and doesn’t move or smudge until you remove it with makeup remover. It retails for $22. Sometimes you can find a combo special that includes their amazing bent eyeliner brush. The brush really is the best I’ve ever tried! I recently bought a combo set with the eyeliner and brush from HSN for just $29! You can also purchase here: Nordstrom, Smashbox Website and Sephora.
2. Lancome Grandiose Bent Eyeliner – This is an amazing new long-wearing eyeliner from Lancome that comes with a handle you can bend to your preference to obtain that perfect line and cat-eye effect. I have tested this, and it didn’t budge all day and night until I removed it with eye makeup remover. It retails for $32 and is so worth it! I was able to catch it at Macy’s during their huge Gift with Purchase, and I got tons of other free products that were almost worth the amount I spent on the eyeliner. Just crazy!
3. Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil – This is a dual-ended pencil that includes a waterproof pencil on one end and a smudging brush on the other end. I use this every single day on my lower waterline and outside the waterline, and it has never smudged or given me raccoon eyes. It’s amazing! It retails for $27. Available at: Lancome, Macys, and Sephora.
4. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner – Long ago before Lancome released the Grandiose Bent Eyeliner, I walked into my local Sephora frustrated and fed up that I couldn’t find an eyeliner that stayed in place. They showed me this Stila Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, and my life was literally changed! I have worn this for several years now, and it’s the one product in my makeup kit that I trust completely! It has never failed me, even with my allergies and contacts and constantly applying my eye drops. It retails for $22. Available at: Macys, Sephora, and Ulta.
5. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner – This eyeliner has all the qualities as the liquid liner I mentioned above, but it’s in a stick form that can be smudged and applied to the waterline. You have a few seconds to smudge it out and create a stunning effect, but once it sets….it’s set! It retails for $22. Available at: Ulta, Sephora, Dillards, and Macys.
What eyeliners do you swear by? What qualities are important to you in an eyeliner? Comment below and let me know!